At the start of March, I couldn’t believe how quickly February went by but March has definitely been the quickest month this year! I’ve not blogged as much as I would have liked to (I had planned once every week) because I was all over the place (literally) but now I have so much I want to share!
- The coding course I am a part of (Code First: Girls) finished for this Spring semester – I now know the basics of Python and made a cool web app with it 🐍
- Had a fantastic time at International Cultural Evening – there are so many talented people at my University from all over the world!
- I celebrated International Women’s Day full of love and appreciation to women who inspire me!
- Placement updates:
- Earlier in the month, I ran an event during my placement which I took a lead in organising. The planning and executing process took months starting from around mid-November time. It was a lot of hard work and effort but was a success!
- Successfully completed one of my long-term projects on my placement! Now I have time for more, did someone say VR?
- Discovered a place in Sheffield I’ve never been before but only read about in my A Level Sociology books. It was also part of my placement to visit with some students from Korea, it was really fun exploring new places and getting some travel advice to Korea from them 😆
- Speaking of travel, I spent two weeks of the month exploring Lisbon 🇵🇹 and Nice 🇫🇷 with my friend, Hamdah. I’ll be posting about that adventure soon in a separate post!
I’M HAPPY BECAUSE…
- 💻 The CF: G Spring semester course was one of the most successful yet with the highest quality of project work produced at the end of the course. It was also the most fun! The cohort was just as eager as I am about diversifying tech, with some joining me at the Women In Tech Conference in Nottingham and although the course has now finished, they’re all staying in touch and will be joining me at the Leeds Tech Festival at the end of April! In addition, we’ve had some amazing speakers come in that have spread the positive diversity message. To everyone who has been involved: thank you, you’re all amazing!
- 🚺 International Women’s Day celebrations was a success!
- 🌎 My adventures with Hamdah was such an awesome learning experience. Prior to this, I had never travelled without my family! This time last year, I’d be terrified of getting on trains alone, it’s crazy to me that I did this despite the anxieties and doubts before and minutes before my first flight. Although I still have a lot to go in confidence when it comes to travelling alone, I think I’m heading in the right direction. I definitely couldn’t have done it without Hamdah by my side who was always reassuring me when I got anxious – love ya girl!
- 📱I bought an iPhone 7 Plus after months of nearly confirming on checkout for months, it’s Rose Gold and makes me happy 😂
- 💼 I’m 9 months into my placement and have had some great experience so far with so many opportunities!
- 👫👭 I’ve got such a positive group of friends and family around me, I am so grateful 💖
IN APRIL I WILL…
- Get back on track with my fitness goals! The holiday has got me out of the routine, but I feel recharged and ready to get me back into that 5 am grind!
- Continue meditation practice – 10 minutes a day, 286 days and counting 💭 I even got Hamdah to practise with me when we were away and she loved it 🙈
- Continue giving 110% at work!
- Continue practising gratitude – because it makes me happy and others too! Spreading happiness is what I’m all about ✌🏼
- Empowering Women with Tech conference in Leeds
- A trip to Amsterdam with Hamdah (Part 3 of EU adventures!)
- I’ll be attending my first Hackathon this month
- The annual ball I always blog about this time each year is coming up – an excuse to wear pretty dresses again!
“I need to stop my Gymshark obsession” but then I saw purple releases and you know how that went. 🙄
Literally all I’ve been listening to:
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
Posted under: Life, Month, For Me