2008: Humble beginnings
Little me wanted to create an online game after hours on Runescape, something better, something like a Sims and Skyrim hybrid. Who knew that my favourite hobby of coding and blogging would come from getting my wood-cutting level to whatever-the-max-was-back-then? 🤷🏻♀️
I found myself starting with the basics: making a website (to – at the time – host my super-kick-ass game)
…on Piczo, of course.
2009-2013: Creating OTT websites and the online diary
My focus steered away from the game after I discovered that I have the power to change the colour of text and the background of a web page to whatever I wanted (did anyone else have a High School Musical phase? No? Ok, I’ll be quiet now.)
After a while, I gained XP in coding and levelled up from Piczo, Freewebs, a subdomain then my very own domain (after I finally won that Namecheap Christmas contest.) I’ve been blogging throughout my unstable teenage years, sharing embarrassing stories and experiences that everyone must have gone through at least once in their life, like, everyone’s watched their crush throw away their Valentines Day gift in the bin, right?
I took my blog and website seriously. To the point where I used to write my URL on a piece of scrap paper and hand it to everyone at school. That’s what I call old school marketing communications!
2015-now: Begin Again
Sometime during my GCSEs/A-Levels, I took a 2-year long break to focus on my studies and getting into University.
Missing the blogosphere A LOT, on the 19th of August 2015, I decided to open up my website again with a little push from a space bear and some fruit flies thrown at me during a lecture. I know, talk about a wake-up call.
My online space has become a huge part of who I am. It’s my place to share, inspire, motivate, bring people together, and continue my favourite geeky hobby!
I’ve written a lot of posts, but there are some that I really really really enjoyed writing because they hit me straight in the feels or is a topic I am very enthusiastic about or I just think they’re awesome (#plsread.) They include:
- 💪🏼 A year of positive habits and focus on self-care
- 🚀 Somewhere Only We Know
- ✨ 5 things I have learnt in 2016
- 👩🏻💻 Sharing to Inspire
- 💻 My time as a Creative Diva
- 💭 Practicing Mindfulness
- 🎮 Timeless Thoughts: my grey console
The fine print
- Pawlean is my XBL Gamertag (domain from Namecheap)
- I’ve been proudly hosted by my long-time blogging friend, Kassy with my blog running on WordPress
- I code all my themes myself which explains why that pixel is off
(please don’t read my messy code 😭)
- All the photos used have either been taken by me, a friend (after forcing them to), or from Pixabay
- My blog is listed on Bloglist
- Previously, my favicon was this. It’s supposed to be 2008 – 2014 me when I was nicknamed, “Gal on fire 🔥” or ginger head but let’s go with the cooler one, ok Katnip? Since 2018, it’s the 🐾💪🏼 emojis. You’ll also see the artwork above from Teecaake around the internet to represent my blog.