In 2008, little me wanted to create an online game after hours on Runescape, something better, something like a Sims and Skyrim hybrid. Who knew that my favourite hobby of coding and blogging would come from getting my wood-cutting level to whatever-the-max-was-back-then? 🤷🏻♀️
I found myself starting with the basics: making a website (to – at the time – host my super-kick-ass game)
…on Piczo, of course.
My focus steered away from the game after I discovered that I have the power to change the colour of text and the background of a webpage to whatever I wanted (did anyone else have a High School Musical phase? No? Ok, I’ll be quiet now.)
After a while, I gained XP in coding and levelled up from Piczo, Freewebs, a subdomain then my very own domain (after I finally won that Namecheap Christmas contest.) I’ve been blogging throughout my unstable teenage years, sharing embarrassing stories and experiences that everyone must have gone through at least once in their life, like, everyone’s watched their crush throw away their Valentines Day gift in the bin, right?
I took my blog and website seriously. To the point where I used to write my URL on a piece of scrap paper and hand it to everyone at school. Old-school Comms, amirite? 😆
Sometime during my GCSEs/A-Levels, I took a 2-3 year long break to focus on my studies and getting into University.
Missing the blogosphere A LOT, on the 19th of August 2015, I decided to open up my website again with a little push from a space bear and some fruit flies thrown at me during a lecture. I know, talk about a wake-up call.
My online space has become a huge part of who I am. It’s my place to share, inspire, motivate, bring people together, and continue my favourite geeky hobby!
Also if you’re wondering what my favicon is, it’s this. It’s supposed to be 2008 – 2014 me when I was nicknamed, “Gal on fire 🔥” or ginger head but let’s go with the cooler one, ok Katnip?
Some domain facts
- Pawlean is my XBL Gamertag (domain from Namecheap)
- I’ve been proudly hosted by my long-time blogging friend, Kya with my blog running on WordPress
- I code all my themes myself which explains why that pixel is off
(please don’t read my messy code 😭)
- All the photos used have either been taken by me, a friend (after forcing them to), or from Pixabay
- My blog is currently listed on Bloglist
I’ve also been mentioned in:
- “Life Catch-up” by Amy Gibson at Mamyology
- “New Goals” by Borja Leyva
- Women in Tech Conference video summary #WiT17
- “2016 reflection; 2017 prospection” by Matt Burman
- Nominated The Versatile Blogger Award by Chynna Webley at The Invisible Child
I’ve written a lot of posts, but there are some that I really really really enjoyed writing because they hit me straight in the feels or is a topic I am very enthusiastic about or I just think they’re awesome (#plsread.) They include:
- 🚀 Somewhere Only We Know
- ✨ 5 things I have learnt in 2016
- 👩🏻💻 Sharing to Inspire
- 💻 My time as a Creative Diva
- 💭 Practicing Mindfulness
- 🎮 Timeless Thoughts: my grey console