August, For Me
This is the first time I’ll be writing a round-up post, I usually jump into the next month without reflecting on what I did the month before but I wanted to change that for August.
August was the month of sudden change, a constant battle with bad news after bad news but being me, I tried to keep my spirits high. And although it faded momentarily, I’m back on the
green fluorescent track.
- Began my “Year in Industry” placement with unwavering excitement to shine whenever I can.
- Bought my first ever Kindle and read two absolutely inspiring books from start to finish, which has always been difficult for me with my busy schedule but I’ve finally dedicated time and won’t stop now.
- Successfully maintained my blog for one whole year after my long hiatus.
- I left my part-time job of 1 year and 4 months in retail but have kept the strongest relationships with my work family.
- Visited another new city in England.
I’m happy because…
- My New Years resolutions are going great – excited to look back at it at the end of the year and see how much I’ve ticked off!
- ☺ I have great friends offline and online.
- I spent most of my free time catching up with amazing, supportive people, meeting new people, hearing fascinating stories and feeling more inspired, more loved and more alive than ever.
- ☁ I’m feeling healthier, fitter and more at peace. Thanks to the burning determination to work out my body and mind.
- ❤ I finally strengthened my understanding on my self-worth and let me say, I will never again settle for anything less than I deserve.
Next month I will…
- Excel on every aspect of my placement – my agenda will start getting busier starting September!
- Be consistent with new things in my routine e.g exercise, self-love and reading!
- Actively be more thankful to others who have supported me throughout the ugly
Reading: I thoroughly enjoyed Girl Code by Cara Alwill Leyba, it left me feeling empowered to go out into the world to do anything I want to because I can.
There are life long teachings on the catty women behaviour, negative competition and copycats in business as well as happiness and success specifically for female entrepreneurs. Give it a read if you’re lacking a bit of motivation or inspiration!
Beauty: Coconut oil for makeup removal and currently loving simple “no-makeup” makeup.
Quote of the month
Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.
Let’s continue rockin’ in September!