January, For Me
What a crazzzzzzzy month!
Looking back, I’m happy with how my year has started. In fact, I’m feeling the most positive (wait, this is possible?!) and happiest I have ever been in the last few months. Very thankful for the love, patience, and kindness everyone has shown me. And the amazing opportunities I’ve been blessed with!
- Lots of celebrations and meet ups resulting in lots of amazing meals. Of course, I had to blog about it.
- Started another exciting project on my placement – I can’t believe I’m 6 months in already! 😱
- Two fun work trips that involved exciting VR/360 related things. Eek – can’t wait to share!
- I started learning Chinese for work and personal interest. So far still very much a beginner 😆
I’M HAPPY BECAUSE…
- 👫 I’m surrounded by great people.
- I was lucky enough to spend almost all my lunch breaks with such inspiring, motivating and driven people. A special shoutout to Hamdah especially for always turning up and making fun of my salads. 😂
- Got to connect and get to know a lot more like-minded people. Making some amazing relationships.
- I’m in ❤
- ✈ Fully booked my third trip abroad in April with another in May! Also an Asian adventure in the works (thank you, Tara, for the insight on Seoul!) ✨
- ✏ I blogged every week in January – woo!!
- 💪My workouts have been consistent despite some mornings where I had little to no motivation. Mindset is EVERYTHING.
- ✍Successfully completed my 5-minute journal every single day this month. Thank you, Matt, for the inspiration. You da best.
NEXT MONTH I WILL…
- Keep up with the routines!
- Not let things that are no longer relevant get to me.
- Keep telling people how much I really appreciate them. As I’ve said, I’m the happiest I have been in such a long time and although it may just be because of the enhanced awareness of expressing gratitude but whatever it is, I want it to stay and I honestly think it stems from the awesome people around me.
milk and honey by rupi kaur – a collection of beautiful poems, separated in sections: the hurting, the loving, the breaking and the healing. A very thought-provoking gift from my bestie, thank you. ❤
La La Land – a musical with Ryan Gosling, what else do I need to say really…
Many of you already know this but I’ve been obsessed with GymShark recently. I sort of went crazy and bought all their new releases (oops) But they have the most comfortable gear I’ve tried so far. They also somehow have magical powers that make you kill your workouts (well, mine anyway 😉)
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
“i do not want to have you
to fill the empty parts of me
i want to be full on my own
i want to be so complete
i could light a whole city
i want to have you
cause the two of us combined
could set it on fire”
Excited for the new month because of all the events happening. Some special mentions: Women In Tech event, Code First: Girls classes start again, a special birthday… Also significantly getting closer to my 2-week European getaway, eek! 🙈