The end of the month is always a great opportunity for reflection. February has especially been a great month for reflecting – it’s been so exciting packed with lots of key events that brought amazing new experiences! With some changes in my life right now, I’ve also had the opportunity to find more about myself and found some things I’d like to improve on – which is always exciting (for me at least) because it will lead to positive self-development (only if you want it to, of course. Mindset is everything!)
- 👩🏻💻 I will probably have annoyed everyone around me to death about this because of talking about it so much (with no wavering of energy or excitement at all) but I attended my first conference (outside of my placement) that focused on empowering and inspiring women into careers/hobbies in technology. You can read the full hype here.
- 🤓 The Code First: Girls courses that I help organise and run started again this month for the Spring term. The girls in both the courses we run have been such a pleasure to be around – so full of energy and passion for learning and creating!
- 🐍 I’m teaching basics of web development and learning Python. Every Wednesday and Thursday. And I’m loving it.
- 🖥 The opportunities I’ve recieved. More to follow ~
- 📅 I’m 7 months into my placement! Where has time gone?!
- ✨ I took part in Glow in the Dark Zumba with Hamdah for the ThisGirlCan campaign. It was 🔥
I’M HAPPY BECAUSE…
- 💜 WiT was amazing, truly a great experience! I encourage others to go to next year whether you’re into technology or not. I’ve met some great people and can’t wait for next year! Many thanks again to those who organised it and the amazing company – Code First and HackSheffield.
- 💃🏻 Getting other ladies excited of the tech scene brings me happiness ✨
- ☁ I completed another month of meditation with Calm.
- 🍕 I treated myself a lot this month. I’m growing into a more body positive person and it’s so freeing!
- 🌯 Matt introduced me to some amazing burritos and now I can’t get enough. Y’all know how I feel about 🔥 burritos.
- 💖 :heart-face-full-of-love-and-potential-emoji:
NEXT MONTH I WILL…
- Stay consistent with my workouts, I have to admit I started losing some motivation this month after eating a load of junk food but this girl can 💪🏼 When I start losing motivation, I always ask myself, “why did I even start?” Determination quickly comes back and then it’s back to the obsession over green juice, kale salads, and my favourite workouts i.e. anything with my lower body.
- Keep 9 – 5 work within the 9 – 5 frame. I am a workaholic but I need to stop worrying over an email in the middle of my relaxing weekend when I can reply to it on Monday. 🙃 Action: Delete work email off laptop and phone.
- Communicate better. I learnt a lot about myself recently and one of the things I found was when I get upset, I bottle it all up and keep it stored in my head for ages causing builds up of tension and negative feelings. Which isn’t fun. I need to stop doing this and start talking about what bothers me so that problems are solved quicker. 💜
Thank you to those who have been so patient with me when I get this way, I am so lucky to have such a supportive network of people around me.
- I’ll be going on my first trip abroad without my family! I’m a little nervous but excited about the learning process, views, beaches and being away from my grey home 😅 Hamdah will tell you that I’m too organised but I’m not. *shrugs @ holiday spreadsheet 🤷🏻♀️*
- I’ve planned to watch Beauty and the Beast – ahhhhh, no one will understand my excitement. THIS IS A BIG DEAL.
So I have a new favourite tri-set: 10 x fire hydrants, 10 x donkey kicks and 15 x frog hip ups 4 times. This aches especially with weighed but is it worth it? Yes. Will you cry? Yes. Be unable to walk long distances and even sit down? Yes. But definitely worth it.
Thanks for always kicking my butt, Whitney 😉
I watched Moana this month and y’all know how I feel about Disney and oceans. Would definitely recommend!
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
Your mind will always believe everything you tell it.
Feed it faith.
Feed it truth.
Feed it with love.
Posted under: Month, For Me, Tech