April, For Me
- 🚂 Our interrailing adventure around Europe began this month! So far, we’ve been to Budapest, Vienna, and Prague. More on Vienna and Prague to follow in separate posts, but I wrote one on our 5 days in Budapest here.
- ⚡️ Watching Avengers Endgame in Vienna and I’m still processing it.
Work & Personal
- 💙 I prioritised my mental health, and took some time away from social media. It was very much needed.
- 💻 It has been a productive month at work. I have started picking up some tickets as part my squad sprints, and feel like I’ve been contributing positively to the team.
- 🧘🏻♀️ I started getting back into Office Yoga which has contributed massively to my productivity at work.
- 🤗 Whilst I was in London this month, I had the chance to meet-up with my dear friend David. We had a much-needed catch-up!
- 🙌🏻 I am now a Learn to Code With Me affiliate, if you’re interested in checking out the products LTCWM have including courses to help kick-start your journey into technology, definitely check them out.
- 📝 On the blog, I shared posts on job-hunting and the importance of a social media detox.
- 💜 For this month’s Inspiring Figures, I spoke to Shehla about travelling the world, working freelance and more! Check out her feature here.
3 THINGS I’M HAPPY ABOUT
1️⃣ Travelling around Europe
I want to write about my adventure around Europe in a separate post, but I have to say that on some days, I found myself feeling an overwhelming amount of gratitude for this trip. Shehla had rightly said that travel teaches you so much, and opens your mind to new things. The world is so beautiful and I’m glad to be living in it 💕
2️⃣ Organising the trip
Organising the trains, accommodations and things to do was difficult, I have to admit but living it all made it all worth it! I’m happy that I put myself up for the challenge and created fantastic memories as a result.
3️⃣ Taking a Digital Detox
Earlier in the month, I took a strict detox from social media and my phone reducing my 7-8 hours screen time (solely on my phone) to 30 minutes. This was daunting at first, but I did it! The impact it had on my mental health was incredible, I feel like I’ve freed up a lot of space in my overloaded brain.
You can read the whole post here.
APRIL IN PHOTOS
Today someone reminded me that we all go through these lows, but we all have choices and not stay there. Whatever life throws at you to knock you down, there is always an opportunity to get back up. 💖— Pauline P. Narvas @ 🇭🇺 (@paulienuh) 17 April 2019
It also doesn’t need to be instant, these things take time and that’s okay. pic.twitter.com/x5NrcQ9BWS
Most of this month’s favourites are travel related, they’ve all changed my life when it comes to travelling. Remember that you can check out the full list on Amazon list!
- 🎒 Eagle Creek Global Companion 40L Travel bag – I was stuck on whether or not I would be using a backpack or suitcase for my travels. After looking around the trails that we would be walking around Europe, I decided to opt-in for a travel backpack. This one by Eagle Creek fits me perfectly – it’s comfortable and secure even when it’s full of stuff. You can find the bag here!
- ◼️ Eagle Creek Packing cubes – Matt introduced me to packing cubes months ago, but I finally got some for myself. The Eagle Creek cubes are able to compress; giving you more space in your bag! Win.
- 🛀🏼 PackTowl UltraLite Towel – Another recommendation from Matt is this travel towel, which literally packs into this small cube. It’s great for saving space!
- ✈️ Calming Flight Anxiety Session by Calm – This always help in flights and other public transport means when I get anxious; can’t recommend it enough!
- 📺 Brooklyn 99 – Nine, nine! 💥
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
My main highlight for next month is finishing off our interrailing trip, and preparing for our next trip in Greece for my birthday month! I’m also looking forward to nicer weather in the UK (fingers crossed 🤞🏻) to have more weekends spent outside admiring nature ✨
These are the things I hope to accomplish next month:
- Getting back into the routine of work and life
- Hitting my fitness goals and PBs
- Making more time for my family 👨👩👧👧 (I really miss them after all my travelling!)