… I bet you wouldn’t have guessed that Pawlean is owned by me, Pauline. Heh.
🐾💪🏼 Hi, I’m Pauline!
- People also call me Paw and I’m known as Powerhouse by some (just like mitochondria)
- For the last 16 years, a small green place in England has been my home but recently, I’ve moved to a bigger city to pursue a new chapter of my life.
- I have an accent that keeps people guessing (apparently, I sound Australian), but I’m of a Filipino-Spanish descent which explains why I’m always searching for the sun.
- I have a non-identical twin which resulted in lots of failed attempts at getting her to go to my classes for me. She describes me as dramatic, but I always tell her that it helped me get in a movie once.
- I love purple. To be specific – #A47DA4.
- Sometimes people can describe me better.
⚡️ I consider myself a Multi-Hyphenate
- I’m a Developer, Creator, Speaker and Self-Development Enthusiast.
- My academic background is in life sciences and I hold a degree in BSc (Hons) Biomedical Sciences with Employment Experience. Currently, I’m working in the tech industry in a Digital Development and Operations (DevOps) Graduate Scheme.
- I’ve been featured in a few places. You might have seen me on Code First: Girl’s “Top 25 Under 30 Ones to Watch” female leaders, The Tab’s Future 100 5th most influential female student in the UK, Technology Nova Prize Finalist, on the NorthernPowerWomen’s Future List, as one of the NUEA Finalist or as the NUS Green Impact Environmental Hero 2016/17.
💫 My dedication towards self-development fuels me every day
- I apply this to every aspect of my life whether that is health and well-being or my career.
- Every morning, I spend 1 hour on myself. I meditate, write, and work out – it’s my therapy! I started sharing my journey when I started in 2016, all with a pinch of #pawsitivity daily on my Instagram Stories.
- I’m also training to be a superhero. 🦸🏻♀️
🕸 Technology and the digital world are my biggest passions.
- I built my first website when I was 8 and grew up aligning pixels on the internet which is how Pawlean was born.
- STEM education, inclusion and diversity is a topic close to my heart, I write a lot about it on my blog. Over the last 2 years, I have proudly worked with Code First: Girls to help debug the gender gap through coding courses and community. Additionally, I’ve organized inclusive hackathons and speak about STEM diversity at tech conferences, meet-ups and events.